You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Irish Data Protection Office (DPO) or country specific equivalent body. We would, however, appreciate the chance to rectify with your concerns before you approach the regulatory body, so please contact us in the first instance.
You can do this by emailing Data Protection Officer, email@example.com.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with the data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Use lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes and to achieve the use of CrickM APP and Website.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes.
- Kept securely with proper encryption.
The personal data that we collect about you:
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed. (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, title, DOB and photograph. We collect this information in order to verify your identity and provide you with responder services.
- Contact Data includes home address, billing address, email address and telephone/mobile numbers. We collect this information in order to provide you with access to certain features of our services and to inform you about relevant information concerning your use of our services.
- Preferences Your preferences and settings. We collect this information in order to enhance your user experience.
- Communications between you and our support team regarding this services. We collect this information in order to monitor our support team, in order to support our users more effectively and your communications with us.
- Information from third parties We may collect, process and store your user ID associated with any social media account (such as Facebook etc.) that you use to sign into our services or connect with or use with our services. We collect this information in order to provide you with an easier and faster access to our services.
- Location Data : We may collect information about your location. We use the location data collected as a critical aspect of delivering our services. To provide location based services on our products, we,our partners and our licensees may collect, use and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your CrickM APP Device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, IP address, Wifi Hotspot and cell tower locations to determine your devices’ approximate location.
- Technical Data: Includes Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the CrickM Application and website. This technical information will be used only for statistical and other administrative purposes. You should note that technical details, which CrickM cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute `personal data’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act.
- Profile Data: When using CrickM Website, this includes enquiries made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
When using services, includes CrickM App, device data, check-in data, alert data, mass communications and two-way notifications.
- Usage data: includes information about how you use our website, products and services. This data is collected in order to analyse overall usage of the system and to improve our services.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions etc.)
How we collect personal data from you:
Direct Interactions: You may give us your identity and contact data by filling in forms or by opting in having been invited to do so by your clubs when they purchase a service from us.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website. We may also collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites.
How we use your personal data:
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you and our customer.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Where your club is our customer and is using our services, we ask you to consent to us processing your personal data, through our mobile application and by accepting our end user license agreement.
We will ask you for consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message or when you have visited our Website. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Your club may also invite you to opt in to our services via email. When this happens, you will receive email updates and notifications from your club.
CrickM will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your permission save in cases where it’s required by law to do so (e.g. the investigation of a criminal offense or a breach of policies, procedures or guidelines). Any personal information which you volunteer to CrickM will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with Data Protection.
Some of the ways we may use your personal information as follows:
- To identify, locate, and communicate with you when you use our services, including raising an alert.
- To verify identity, assist with the identification of users, and to determine appropriate responder service when you use our services.
- To help us create, develop, operate, deliver and improve our products, services and content.
- From time to time we may send important notices such as communications about changes to terms and conditions and policies.
- For internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and use communications.
We do not use your personal data or share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which we collected it. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent ,in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third party service providers and other entities in the group. We may transfer your personal information outside the EU. If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information. We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out above.
- Internal third parties as set out below
- External third parties as set out below
How secure is my information with third-party service providers
All our third party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
In the unlikely event, your data is lost, stolen, or accessed without authority you and the Data Protection Commissioner will be notified within 72 hours.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents and other their parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access our services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are loyally required to do so.
How long will you keep my personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for. By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for seven years. We hold your name, email and any personnel data you have shared with us via website form and we send a copy of all data we have stored in our database about you on request. You can also email us requesting us to completely remove your data from our database.
Data is held at AWS Secure servers in Ireland in an encrypted format.